Preschool Wonders Preschool Wonders Facebook Bloglovin Instagram Pinterest About Me My Classroom My Store Freebies Image Map





Saturday, October 4, 2014

Apple of Our Eye~Grandparents

 This week we finished our apple theme and celebrated grandparents!
 We sorted apples by size.
 We counted apples using tongs and ten frame templates.
For fun, we tried to balance apples on our heads after reading '10 Apples Up on Top'.
To get ready for 'Grandparents'/Special Persons' Day, we made a creativity of what we would look like as grandparents.  The pattern is from Deanna Jump's 100th Day Math and Literacy Fun!

It's hard work tearing paper!  {But oh so good fine motor practice  :) }
I also downloaded an app on my phone to age a person.  I took pictures of all my sweeties and turned them into grandparents.  They were cracking up! 
I then put this display out in the hall.  Everyone loved it.  :)

After Grandparents'/Special Persons' Day, many little ones left early.  The few who remained behind played in the room.  Imagine my surprise and total delight when they chose to play 'school'.  They each took turns playing teacher and practicing our calendar activities.  It's those little moments that make my heart sing….
This week, we also had a visit from our most spectacular O.T.
She did a lesson on keeping our emotions/bodies under control, recognizing when we are getting out of the green zone, and things we can do to help regulate ourselves.  It was AMAZING.  The little learners really took it all in. 
Now, I can refer to the chart and they know exactly what I mean and what to do.
I am truly blessed to work with the most amazing people.  They leave me in awe and inspire me.
What was your week like?  Link up with Doodle Bugs Teaching to let us know.
Thanks for reading!  Have a great day.  :)

1 comment:

  1. What a super app and a great display - what did the children think about themselves ageing? I also love their artwork - what super artists!
    Special Teaching at Pempi's Palace

    ReplyDelete