Preschool Wonders Preschool Wonders Facebook Bloglovin Instagram Pinterest About Me My Classroom My Store Freebies Image Map





Saturday, November 15, 2014

Ladybugs, Owls, and Birds!

I am linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for Five for Friday.

This week went by SUPER fast!  Here are a few of the highlights.
We continued our study of trees, this week focusing on 'Who Lives in Trees?'  To go along with our learning we made this ladybug craft.  
First, we cut strips of green paper for grass, we tore brown construction paper for dirt {much harder than it sounds} and then we drew a head, legs, a line down the middle, and spots.
It turned out to be a great multi direction activity with lots of fine motor practice.
These baby birds in their nests turned out adorable as our second learning project.  
This consisted of painting half a paper plate brown, cutting baby birds from construction paper, gluing, adding eyes,beaks, and more cut up strips of construction paper.  

We were cutting machines this week. This littlest sweetie couldn't even hold a pair of scissors in August.
I love seeing all the accomplishments of my learners throughout the year.  It's this kind of gratification that makes my job so very special.

Of course, we have to talk about owls as we discuss animals who live in trees.  We made this little fun owl craft to add to our display.
Another satisfying aspect of my job is seeing all the cooperative play that begins to take place throughout the year.  I just had to snap a shot of my afternoon boys playing firefighters.  They remember the visit from the firefighters a few weeks back.  
Our journal writing and drawing is also blossoming.  This little learner was so proud of his drawing.  Love it!
We are learning about the concept of greater than and less than.  I have some craft sticks that we use to make alligator mouths to demonstrate the greater than sign, so I was thrilled when I ran across this baby at the Lakeshore store.  My sweeties love this game and I love that they are learning so much.  
Head over to Doodle Bugs Teaching to link up your week or just discover some really great blogs.
Thanks for reading!  Have a great day.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment