Preschool Wonders Preschool Wonders Facebook Bloglovin Instagram Pinterest About Me My Classroom My Store Freebies Image Map





Saturday, April 25, 2015

Nursery Rhymes and a Freebie!

It's time for Doodle Bugs Teaching weekly linky 'Five for Friday'.  Here is what my little loves did this week…
We began one of my all-time favorite units of study….Nursery Rhymes!
This week we focused on the following rhymes.  At the end, we will put each page into a take-home book.
 After practicing 'The Itsy Bitsy Spider' and placing the spider in, out, above, below, and beside the spout, the little learners made their own version for our book.
This idea came from 'The Vintage Umbrella' and was tweaked to fit into our take-home book.
The next rhyme was 'Mary Had a Little Lamb'.  The sweeties painted with texture rings for the fleece.
 
Then, the next day added pieces to the paint.
'One, Two, Buckle My Shoe' was our third rhyme.
I'm not sure why{except maybe because there are lots of small pieces and following directions to make this?}, but I didn't snap any shots of the littles making the craft.  Here is a photo of the final product though.
You can also pick up a free copy of the rhyme HERE or click on the picture below.
 I use it with the song.  My favorite version is Jack Hartmann's on his Rhyming to Read CD.
 Our last rhyme this week was 'Jack Be Nimble'.  The little learners will put together the page next week, but first they took turns putting the candlesticks in order from shortest to largest.
Then each sweetie tried to jump over each candlestick.
Some of my shots are blurry, but you can tell they had so much fun!
 The last thing we did this week was a walk-a-thon to raise money for our school.  Fortunately it was a beautiful day to get outside.  :)
They did great, with no complaining!  Afterwards, each walker was rewarded with a popsicle!
Also, I wanted to share our pm class picture (minus one sweetie).  A huge milestone was achieved as everyone was looking at the camera and smiling!!!  
I love this group!
Link up your week!

Thanks for reading!  Have a great day :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi there! Found you through the link-up. I love these activities--sharing with my K teacher. We are having a walk-a-thon Friday. Hope we have nice weather too!

    Crystal
    Teaching Little Miracles

    ReplyDelete
  2. your blog is really helpful . check out The Supremes Kids Song. I wish toddlers would learn amazing lessons through this cartoon song too!

    ReplyDelete