Preschool Wonders Preschool Wonders Facebook Bloglovin Instagram Pinterest About Me My Classroom My Store Freebies Image Map





Monday, July 20, 2015

Monday Made It & Preschool 911!

I am linking up with Tara from 4th Grade Frolics for 'Monday Made It'.
Although I have posted about this particular behavior management tool before, I wanted to talk about it again for a couple of reasons.
This is what I have posted in my classroom to remind the little ones of our classroom rules.  I used actual Mr. Potato Head pieces to make it.  I simply glued on the pieces with a hot glue gun.  Just today I  am participating in a 'Back to School Blog Hop' and made a set of rules that can be printed off, instead of using Mr. Potato Head pieces.  There are two versions.  Both are in color, but one version uses less ink.  Click HERE or on the pictures to get this freebie.
Another reason I wanted to talk about the Mr. Potato Head rules poster is because they were featured in a book written Jennifer Chop.
Sweet Jennifer contacted me awhile back to ask for permission to feature my Mr' Potato Head' rules poster in her book.  She was nice enough to send me a copy once it was published.  It is an amazing book {and I don't just say that because I was featured in it}.  The perfect book for new teachers in the field of ECSE.  Jennifer goes through step by step instructions on how to set up your classroom, how to hold IEP meetings, communicate with parents, teach language through play, facilitate Circle Time, maintain a calm classroom, and so much more.   It's also very reasonably priced.  If you're a new teacher in a special education classroom, then this is the book for you.
Also, be sure to check out the 'Back to School Blog Hop' for an e-book filled with lots of freebies, trick, tips, and giveaways hosted by 25 special ed teacher/bloggers.

Thanks for reading!  Have a great day.  :)


3 comments:

  1. I love the version with the actual Mr. P pieces! My daughter probably won't like the idea of me stealing pieces though!

    My Bright Blue House

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun idea! I like the version with the Potato Head pieces, too, but the printable works just fine if a person doesn't have the pieces. And great job with being featured in a book! Do you happen to have any printables specifically for deaf children?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great fun ideal. I really like it. Good job. Keep it continue. For more about preschools click here

    ReplyDelete